Sunday, December 8, 2019

Imagine

I'm remembering John Lennon today.  It has been 39 years since he died.  

I was a very big Beatles fan and John was my favorite. 

When I was a teenager, I liked all of their songs and bought many of their albums but never saw them perform live at a concert.


Even to this day their songwriting and style is exceptional.

The song, "Imagine", is most appropriate for what we are experiencing right now and it's sad to think that we've not moved an inch closer to the words they wrote in the song.

Surely, we can do better.

My favorite song, though, is "In My Life".




 There are places I remember 
All my life though some have changed
 Some forever not for better
 Some have gone and some remain 
All these places have their moment 
With lovers and friends I still can recall 
Some are dead and some are living 
In my life I've loved them all 
 But of all these friends and lovers
 There is no one compares with you 
And these memories lose their meaning 
When I think of love as something new 
Though I know I'll never lose affection F
or people and things that went before 
I know I'll often stop and think about them 
In my life I love you more 
Though I know I'll never lose affection 
For people and things that went before I
 know I'll often stop and think about them 

In my life I love you more

 In my life I love you more

     

No comments: