Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I can play Pictionary too.

New Year's Eve 2011.  it's midnight and we are singing our song, The House of the Rising Sun.  For those of you who can no longer stay up until midnight, it will still count if you sing the song at 10:00 p.m.  CST.  (according to cousin Kermit)


I am posting photos of our Christmas/New Year's Family weekend.  We had a lot of fun.



A new t-shirt to wear to the lab. 










I can play Pictionary too!










 Collin gave Ben his Lego collection from the 80's. 


Go Hawks!


Let me introduce you to Doxy, or maybe it's Dachy, I guess I don't know.  The sweetest dog.  She really wondered what had happened to her.





Warning!  Adults only.
White elephant exchange photos.  










 This one was a cushioned toilet seat ensemble which included Cashmere Woods air freshener, very soft toilet tissue and the Sunday comics. 







 Collin with his Leghorn which included several dozen peeps candies.


 Dylan gets a romance novel".  Don't remember the title.  How about "Prairie Bride" or "Fallen Too Far'? 

 By far the best white elephant gift was wrapped in a large, black garbage bag, tied with a gold ribbon.  



 The swan basket contained frozen chicken tenders, onion powder, garlic powder, avocado oil, GF almond flour and the recipe to make chicken tenders.   

 PLUS the cookbook! 







  The  good news is that our white elephant rules end with one round of taking a gift from another.  Yours truly ended up with the swan ensemble.  I will be making the chicken tenders soon.




Remember those trees that blew over the day before Thanksgiving?  They have been limbed and sawed up.  Retired Mountain Man was very happy to have help doing it.  It was a huge project.  



It was really slippery in the driveway that day so I could not walk down to where they were working or the bonfire.  Julie took these photos to share.   We didn't think of getting the photos until most of the sawing and tree limb burning was done. 












More fun memories to share, in no particular order.


Sarah decides to have some Cinnamon Rolls from the pantry.










Caleb - our teenager.



















































You can call me Al.


There is a house, in New Orleans, - they call the rising sun, and it's been the ruin of many a poor boy, and God, I know, I'm one....  (We can do this standing up.... or not)
2006

Happy New Year!

No comments: