Another cold, frosty morning. The wood furnace is going all the time now. There's no warm like the heat from a wood stove. Very nice. Retired Mountain Man is finally done making firewood for the winter. His last item on his "to do" list is to split some kindling to start the fires.
According to Retired Mountain Man, this is the "wood stove that would heat Walmart". During the winter months he and I have many issues with temperature control. He is always cold due to the fact that he doesn't have an ounce of extra fat on his body. I am always too warm. As you may know, menopausal women are usually very hot and at times somewhat crazed. During the winter months we spend many evenings with the Walmart furnace going full blast and all the windows in the livingroom wide open. This is preventing a divorce.
Retired Mountain Man has worked all summer on the firewood to keep us warm this winter and yes, in spite of our differences over the indoor temperature, I do appreciate it! It is all stacked, covered with plastic to keep it dry and it looks beautiful.
This is pine and not considered "good firewood", but we are burning it anyway - early in the season.
This is another stack of "not good wood" and the coolest firewood pickup in Hope.
This is more of the good stuff.
As I am writing this the Walmart furnace is blasting away. It is getting hot in here! Time to open some windows.
2 comments:
It is true... your furnace could heat a Super Walmart! I am always impressed by the tight neat stacks of firewood.
That pine makes the end of the sled run toasty!
Wow, that guy has been busy, very nice.
Post a Comment