My friend, Gail, gave me this recipe. It is so easy. If you get really impatient, you can take it out before baking for the full hour, but it's really better if you bake it for the full amount of time.
Oven Caramel Corn
I pop the corn first in my air popper. You need 6-10 quarts of popped popcorn, kernels removed. I put my popped corn in a large enamel roaster and I grease it with a little butter or margarine.
1 cup margarine or butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup Karo syrup
1-2 teaspoons salt
1 T. vanilla
1/2 t. soda
1- 2 cups nuts (optional)
Melt butter, stir in syrup, sugar and salt. Boil 5 minutes on lowest heat possible. Remove from heat, sitr in soda and vanilla, stirring quickly. Pour over popcorn and nuts. Put in 250 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. As it cools the corn will crisp.
This is so good that I usually make two batches and use two enamel roasting pans to bake. One batch does not last very long!

No comments:
Post a Comment