Sunday, October 23, 2011

New Digs!

Yes, it appears that Maggie is trying to dig her way to China underneath the front porch.  The hole is about 18" deep.  She is hardly ever dirty after she has been working on it.  Fortunately, she is not digging to China anywhere else in the yard or we would have a major issue.






This is Mollie and Maggie's new digs.  We will be lucky if we ever get Mollie to sleep in it.  Over the years she has resisted all dog houses, dog homes, or dog cover that we have tried to provide.  Maggie has already taken to it and sleeps in it.  When the snow arrives, we will have to move it to the side of the house, but for now it looks good on the porch.

It seems to be pretty sturdy, but I think I would like to add another sheet of plywood to the floor.  Eventually, the door will need a cover and maybe a warmer dog bed on the floor.  Right now Maggie spends her time dragging the rugs out of it and running around the yard with them.   I tried to get a photo of Maggie in the house but no luck.  She comes out the door before I can get a shot.

No comments: