Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Enjoy them while you can!

It's a dark cloudy, rainy North Idaho day here.  It has been pouring rain and I love it!  I probably won't say that after about a week of it, but I love the fresh rain scent especially at night and I love the sound of the raindrops on our metal roof.

I am so glad I have most of my garden "put to bed".  We still haven't had a serious frost and I can't make myself cut down the flowers that are still blooming away!  The Black-eyed Susan's just keep on blooming.  They are an amazing flower.







Yesterday I froze the last 8 pints of green beans.  It was a green bean bonanza.  Then I spent some time in the greenhouse picking the rest of the Red Robin tomatoes and all of the peppers.  Many of the peppers are a beautiful dark red.  I haven't tested them yet to find out if they are really hot.  I am hoping for enough for a batch of red hot pepper jelly.




Sorry, more flowers:


I tasted the first vat of white wine which I started 10 days ago and I think it is time for it to go into a carboy.  That will be on today's list.




And more flowers:  Soon there will be snow and no flowers.  





















Bet you're not ready for this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No, I'm not! But, like you, I'm enjoying the change in the weather and hanging onto my flowers as long as I can.

Anonymous said...

The flower photos are **gorgeous**. And yes, there is no better sound than rain on a metal roof, especially when you are warm and snug inside.

Julie said...

Oh, yes! I remember that snow! I also remember the year you just about crawled through the phone and strangled a certain UPS guy over his opinion of driving out in that snow ;) (you're awesome)
I am actually kinda' hoping to get snowed in there again this year. I love being "stuck" in Hope with you guys!