Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunny Days and so much to do!

I haven't taken any photos the last two days as it was so nice here and I spent all my time in garden planting, tilling and weeding.  The temperature was cool but we had sunshine.   Some of the flowers are starting to bloom and the garden is finally taking shape.  I haven't even had time to play with the puppy.  Leslie and Ellie came to visit today while Travis cut down some trees.  Maggie is finally settling down a little does not get so excited when they play.  I am still working on the biting.  She is much better but still wants to nip my hand or arm when I play with her.

We had another band practice tonight to get ready for our gig on July 2nd.  Everyone has been practicing a lot and the band is sounding good!  It looks like we will have nice weather on Sat. and also the 4th - so it should all be a lot of fun!  It is so cool to have all the kids and adults involved with the float and the parade.  What a neat experience to share with my grandkids!  I love it!  I hope some day they will get to tell their grandchildren about how they got to march in a parade on the 4th of July.

 2009 Parade

1 comment:

Julie said...

Alright! Cool! Some decent weather for you folks finally! I hope you are having fun out there!