She weighs 13.2 pounds at 10 weeks and the vet said she is going to be a big dog. So much for thinking she would be like her parents who were smaller dogs. Oh boy! She is also going to have a very thick coat. Oh boy, again!
She only got away from me once when she saw another puppy going into the vets. Fortunately, the other person helped me trap her. She was actually pretty good with the leash and collar, I just didn't have a good enough grip when she saw the other puppy.
Maggie was very glad to be home but had one more traumatic event before the day was out. She managed to nip the electric fence wire while it was hot. She yelped and ran all the way back to the house. This may have one advantage in that she will no longer be tearing up the vegetable garden. We will see.
It appears that no damage was done as all is well today. Kermit came to visit and gave her lots of attention and she ate it up! She got to meet Kermit's dogs, Josie and Katie.
I didn't know you could get gray hair from a puppy but I'm quite sure I will be totally gray before she becomes a human dog.
You notice that the photo of Maggie is inset. That's because Mollie won't let her get that close to her.
No comments:
Post a Comment