How is Miss Maggie doing you wonder? Well, she is still kind of a plump little thing and she does love her food. She hasn't given up on chewing everything in sight but we have given up on buying and giving her new toys to chew or play with. It only takes her about 30 minutes to entirely demolish a new toy and then leave tiny bits of it all over the yard.
Since she does not have toys to chew up, she has decided to take up landscape design. It's something to do while waiting for spring. She goes to Retired Mountain Man's wood piles, which are always covered with lengths of plastic to keep them dry. She proceeds to pull off the plastic and drag it into the front yard.
Then she returns to the wood pile and drags a piece of firewood to the yard. One piece at a time I think but I'm not sure.
She artfully places the pieces about the yard. With the plastic draped here and there.
She prefers to use bright colored tarps, but we won't let her have access to them anymore. She decided the pieces of firewood needed something more so she brought in an 8' dead white fir tree for an accent.
Once every week before our jam sessions either Retired Mountain Man or I go out and pick up all of the landscape materials so that this is not what greets our band members or other visitors when they pull into our driveway.
Do you think that Maggie has kind of a guilty look on her face? One that says, "OK, I'll pick it up. I didn't mean to make a big mess. I thought it looked kind of nice?"
I think it's time to put on my coat and get the wheel barrel.
1 comment:
Such a busy girl--we'll miss you all today--and the food! But not the snow so much.
Post a Comment