Friday, December 2, 2011

Gephyrophobia: A Fear Of Crossing Bridges

Today we hiked to Gail and John's property.  It's a great walk through the woods and there is a very rustic bridge across Cougar Creek.  The dogs couldn't wait.  They love to go on walks.



As we approached the bridge, Thompson ran across first with Maggie in hot pursuit.  Maggie didn't realize she was on the bridge until she was halfway across and then she slipped on the wet cedar boughs    -     and stopped in her tracks. 

She took one look down towards the creek and had that, "no way I'm coming across this bridge", look in her eyes.


I must admit that I've had that same look on my face when there is three feet of snow on it and we are trying to cross it on snowshoes.  It looks very precarious. 


Jon had to coax her to come across.




Once she got to Jon and realized she wasn't far from the end of the bridge, she went as fast as she could go.  I do not have a photo of that as my shutter speed was way too slow.

It was a beautiful day for a hike and the view of the lake from Underwood's is always spectacular.  It was 3:30 in the afternoon but the sun was already casting long shadows. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Maggie we feel her pain. Poor baby. Great pictures!