The rain caused major flooding on East Spring Creek and Lightning Creek. I don't think there's anything worse than water damage. When the water is gone, you are left with the mud and the silt to clean up. The windstorm caused major power outages everywhere. Avista had over a thousand outages reported. We were lucky as ours was only out around six hours. We had planned ahead and already had the generator on the porch and ready to go. We did not have any damage other than eleven trees that blew over. It is sad to lose that many trees though, as we don't have that many. I have been told by my proofreader Jon that the loss of eleven trees is DEVASTATING! Also, TRAGIC! Also, we have hundreds of trees!
I am way behind on preparations for Christmas, but now that my back is feeling better, I'm on it! Today Jon went down to the field to cut a tree. He said it was difficult and I agree. Getting on your knees to saw down the tree is not fun at our age let alone trying to get back up.
This is our Christmas Tree - 2025.
In the photo below I have just helped him toss the tree over the gate. Also, no small task.
I will say that the photos aren't quite as Christmassy without snow, as in my all-time favorite Christmas photo below.
I am working on packages and plan to bake some more tomorrow. We have the lights on the tree but that's as far as we made it today. Tomorrow, more decorating, both the tree and frosting some cookies.




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment