Wednesday, December 24, 2025

Christmas 2025

This year Jon had to find our Christmas tree and cut it down without my help.  My back issue is better but walking around looking for a tree was not something I was quite ready to do.  He didn't need to go very far but nothing is easy at our age.  

In the photo below I had just finished helping him toss the tree over the gate as the gate is too difficult to open.  


Our tree cutting photos are not as scenic since there's no snow.  

Today I will finish decorating the tree, wrap some gifts and make oyster stew for our Christmas Eve dinner.  Oyster stew and chili are family traditions - from both my side of the family and Jon's.  My dad loved oyster stew and when you lived in Nebraska back then the only oysters you could get were frozen.  I can still picture the carton, round, white cardboard and probably a pint, in our freezer in the top of the refrigerator.  The main reason for the chili was that none of us (the 5 kids) liked the taste of oysters at all!  There was no way we were eating that.  They had to feed us something, therefore, the chili.  

How things change as you get older.  We love oysters and they can be served many ways and we will enjoy them.  They are an acquired taste.

Our tree is almost decorated and ready for three stockings as Lady will have a stocking of her own. 


Jon and I wish you love and light and hope for the new year.  
Christmas blessings to you.

This is Jon's favorite Christmas song, Christmas in Killarney. Merry Christmas from Hope!






No comments: