Saturday, December 6, 2025

Hallelujah! Where's the Tylenol?

 I'm a bit late posting our Thanksgiving week photos, but better late than never!  It was difficult to get the entire group together due to everyone's schedules, but we did it.  We now have Missoula Burkhart's, Lolo Burkhart's, Kalispell Burkhart's, and Helena Burkhart's. We seem to be taking over the state of Montana.  This year the Idaho Burkhart's traveled to Missoula for Thanksgiving which we haven't done for years.  

There were lots of preparations both from the Montana side and the Hope side.  The Missoula Burkhart's bought Lady a new bed, plus spoiled her with new toys.




Here in Hope I had planned to make everyone a centerpiece, but then realized that my centerpiece designs contained dried oranges, apples and limes.  The Missoula kittens, London and Ernest, were probably going to be very interested in the fragrance from the dried fruit, so I decided that one would need to be a wreath that could be hung outdoors.

  
                  


This year I bought LED candles for the centerpieces and they worked out well.  They even operate on a timer!  Amazing what you can buy these days.

We decided that we would not cook on Wednesday night so we all met for dinner at 1899, a new Missoula restaurant for Jon and I.  The food was outstanding and as you can see we were having some crazy fun being together!




Great-Grandson Jason with "CAT"!  His favorite!


The table decorations were very festive and fun!  They included cracker poppers with a fortune in each one. 



The master chef this year!  Should we be worried?


The sous chef - who kept the master chef on track.  No worries.


Dinner was delicious and all gluten free - for me.  It was wonderful and so nice that everyone contributed gluten-free dishes to the menu.  Both Dylan and Melissa brought GF goodies and David made GF dinner rolls!   We brought pies from the Clark Fork Pantry.  Yummy!

The fellows spent some relaxing time in the hot tub.  It looks like fun but a bit too cold out there for me.


We had moose mugs - from the movie Christmas Vacation - for our eggnog toast!

  • "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?   Hallelujah!  Where's the Tylenol?"  
The Burkhart's Thanksgiving Toast!





The cats were somewhat skittish with so many people in "their house", but they did venture out a few times.  Plus there was a dog in the basement who had at least one opportunity to give chase.  Lady has not had any socialization with cats, and she was definitely curious about them.   They will need a few more meetings to get used to each other.  

London is checking out the guy in the chair taking his post Thanksgiving Day dinner nap.  "Who is this guy?  Why is he here in my house?  In my chair?  Is he dangerous?"  Probably.  

The wreath in it's place. 





The chef takes a nap. 


We had a great time!  Now we are moving on to Christmas traditions.  Some baking and wrapping of gifts.  Listening to Christmas music!

On another note: 
This event was last night at Torrents Art Gallery in downtown Missoula.  Our daughter-in-law Julie is one of the featured artists.  I can't show you her artwork yet, but soon.  I can't wait, because it is a beautiful work of art.  She is such a wonderful woman, so talented in many ways and we are so proud of her. 



"This initial sketch shaped up to be a wee part of my 48" x 36" watercolor painting, which will be on display THIS FRIDAY at Torrents Art Gallery on Main Street (5-8pm)!" Julie Burkhart



The opening was last night and 650 people attended.  I will share photos soon.  Until then, I will share some Christmas music, which I love.  I've had my favorite songs for years.  I bought this CD at Coldwater Creek when it was located on the Cedar Street Bridge - 1990.  It remains one of my favorites.  





No comments: