Monday, December 21, 2020

A short day

Yesterday was one of those slow days.  At least it seemed that way even though it was the shortest day of the year.  


Retired Mountain Man and I had to change the windshield wiper blades on the car.  
I have never changed them.  In years past I bought the wiper blades at the parts store and they would always come out to the car and put them on for me.  A great service that I didn't appreciate at the time.

As we all know, this year everything is different.  I ordered the wiper blades online and once they arrived we took a look at the directions on how to install them.  I learned more than I wanted to know.  There were instructions for seven different types of blades.  I had no clue which one was ours.

I think this calls for a joke.  I need my grandson Ben to come up with one.  He's very good at making up jokes.  

It should start out with something like, "How many old duffers does it take to change a windshield wiper blade?" 


It turns out that we have a "J-Hook" connection on our blade.  After attaching the new one on the blade it was supposed to simply "click" in place.  Good luck with that.  
Anyhow, after about twenty minutes of fiddling with it, we finally had success. 
  
There was still some sunlight left so we decided to haul in more firewood. 


This photo was taken on December 1st 2013.  The sun setting, but headed towards Winter Solstice. 


Whenever we bring in firewood, we play a game of Fetch the Ball with Maggie.  She has the routine down and drops the ball when we come back out the basement door.  She's ready for another toss. 
In dog thinking, Maggie is playing Fetch the Ball with her "people".  Maggie drops the ball wherever she wants.  She whines until WE go fetch it and throw it to her.  I don't mind.  I love dogs.

I also love that on December 21st the days start to get longer.  A sign of new and better days to come.  

That's today. 

Enjoy this song.  It speaks to Winter Solstice.  I bought this album at the Coldwater Creek store back when it was still located on the Cedar Street Bridge. It is one of my Christmas favorites.
Winter Dreams - Coventry Carol 
Native American Flute 

Note:  If you had signed up to Follow by Email, at the top of my blog.  I just realized it was not working.  I have updated the gadget and I think it is working now.  Please sign-up again.  Thanks! 

No comments: