Thursday, December 10, 2020

Covid-19 Poinsettia

Every year I buy a Christmas poinsettia,  This year  I bought one with curbside pickup.  It fits 2020.  It's the saddest little poinsettia I've ever seen.  I don't think it will last a week.  Poor thing.

It has a dry cough and a fever.  
I think I do have a bit of a green thumb, but I can't save this plant. 

With that said I will move on to what we did today.

We been lucky to have some unusually warm and dry weather for the past week or so although without some snow on the ground it doesn't seem like the holiday season is really here.  It did made it easy for us to get outside and do some Christmas decorating on the front porch.  

 You may notice that I have some new photo editing software and I played around with it a bit on this post.  
We don't have our tree up yet, but we have it picked out.  We do have a baby tree decorated in the front yard.



I cut some boughs to make wreaths and spent a couple of afternoons putting them together.   In years past my friend Ann and I used to spend three or four days in our basement wood room putting together wreaths for family and friends.   We would start out drinking hot chocolate and then move on to wine in the evening.  We listened to Christmas music while we worked and our husbands were on their own to make dinner.

The last two or three years we met at the Hope Community Center.  Everyone brought boughs, ribbon, pinecones and the essentials needed for wreath making.  I sure do miss all of these wonderful ladies.  Fun memories.














The wreath and decorations on the front porch are for the UPS and Fedex delivery persons.  This year, once again, it is online Christmas shopping only.  Last year I had to order online because of my broken femur.  Do you think we will return to in-store shopping when this is over?   






Christmas greetings from Hope.  We have had some beautiful sunsets.



No comments: