The tree is finally decorated, with the blue angel on the top. We've had the blue angel since December 1972. Back in 1972 we searched everywhere in Missoula for the tree topper and Jon's mother, Lois, finally found one for us.
Do you remember all of those icicles on the tree? The icicles they have today aren't worth taking the time to put them on.
I'm just happy to say that we don't have six of them, as in "six geese a laying". (Don't get any ideas, kids)
I'm thinking about baking cookies today, but haven't made a full commitment yet.
Later in the day, we took a short walk in the woods. It seems strange to be walking the woods and there's no snow on the ground. This is all we have left. I call it my snow line photo. (This morning, there is no snow line at all.)
Maggie was very patient as I kept stopping to take pictures. This look she sent me was, "Oh, would you please get on with it. Are we walking or not walking?"
Could this be a "five golden rings" day?
That seems to indicate that I should play some music instead. We'll see what plays out.
I also promise you that on December 31st, somewhere around midnight, we will sing The House of the Rising Sun.
It's tradition!







No comments:
Post a Comment