Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wine Cold Stablization

Jon and I racked all the wine into new carboys and moved all 5 carboys to our bedroom where the temp is Very cold! We have been in the single digits this past week and since we keep our window open, it's quite cool in there. Brrr! It's perfect for storing the wine for the next month or so. We tasted a sample from each carboy and so far they all taste good. If all goes well we have 5 gallons of elderberry-grape wine, 5 gal. grape wine, 5 gal. elderberry wine, 5 gal. white wine, 5 gal. elderberry blossom-white wine.

Should be an interesting wine year.

Under protest we bundled up today to go for a short walk. I just don't like it, I don't want to do it, and I am darn tired of walking outside when it's 10 degrees!!! Thirty-two degrees is not bad, even 25 degrees can be tolerated but nothing below 15! Ok.

Also, we do not have any snow. This is very upsetting. It is getting close to Christmas and it's very difficult to keep up the buying/spending spree without snow. The weather situation is just not working for me.

Dang!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Wow! Those ought to be really pretty lined up in glasses on the counter. Need volunteers?...Sign me up for the tasting!!!