Thursday, December 10, 2009

Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies


I love this recipe and I have baked them every year for about 30 years. Dang, I'm old. It's from the Clarkfork Methodist Women cookbook and the recipe is from Mrs. Anna M. White.


1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 tsp. baking powder
Flour to make a soft dough
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla


Cream butter and sugar well. Add eggs. Add baking powder to flour and sift, then add to butter and sugar mixture. Keep adding flour necessary until dough can be rolled very thin. Cut with cookie cutter. Sprinkle top with sugar. Bake in hot oven. 375 Degrees 7-9 min.


I prefer to frost them with butter cream frosting.

3 Tsp. soft butter

Powdered sugar

3 Tsp. milk

1/2 tsp. vanilla


Blend until smooth. Add additional powdered sugar if it seems to thin.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Yummy!!! Loved them last year. David and I had a discussion this year regarding what "Christmas Cookies" are. According to David, all other cookies baked at Christmas time are just cookies... only these are "Christmas Cookies". Now I know.