Friday, June 7, 2024

June and getting back to "normal".

 After my second surgery I am slowly getting better and starting to get back to my garden. The garden and lawn were very neglected over the past month so there's a lot of catching up to do.  Unfortunately, none of that is going to happen very quickly since a after a month or so of recuperating it takes me about ten minutes to walk across my yard.  Don't get me wrong though, I am very happy to be able to be outdoors and working in my garden, even if I'm slow.  

 I've mowed my lawn and made it around the garden with my weed eater.  Since the rain has finally stopped all of the flowers and plants have really taken off.   

This evening, I managed to get back out in the garden to take some photos of some of my flowers.  They are looking so beautiful.  



The lilacs.  






I don't have many irises, but there are a few beauties.  





The columbine is always pretty wherever it happens to pop up.  In the fall I like to gather the seeds before they drop and just toss them around in the flower beds.   It's a surprise the following spring to see where the seeds took. 






The vegetable garden will be a lot smaller this year, but I will have some basics, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, kale, carrots and a few beets.  It will be enough for this year.  

Today was an absolutely gorgeous June day in Hope.  







No comments: