Sunday, December 24, 2023

Merry Christmas from our house to yours

 These are photos taken yesterday.  It seems really strange to be walking out in the woods on December 23rd and there's no snow on the ground.  Plus, it doesn't look like there's going to be any snow on the ground in the near future.  

This is new.  

We've had a couple of years when there wasn't a lot of snow, but nothing like this one.  I had a reason to be out in Jon's woods.

Jon has quite a few dead trees that needed to be cut up into firewood and Joe Heisel and Jer Lizotte were here  to work on the project.  



These are big chunks.  It makes my back hurt just looking at them, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't lift them into a truck.  These two guys just toss them in there like it's no big deal.





Joe and Jon posing for the photo and taking a break.


Of course, Jon had a pile of brush to burn.  Later in the day he told me that this one was too green and wouldn't burn, but another larger one did.  That kept him busy all day.

I spent a couple of hours frosting sugar cookies.  I'm finished with the baking and today I will make an oyster stew for Christmas Eve.   I also stopped by Bruce's to hear the final mix of the Spring Creek Band tunes.  Bruce has worked his magic and the mix is great.

Merry Christmas to all!  
(I can't help myself.  I have to post pictures of snow.)




No comments: