...This year's tradition of cutting down our tree was not quite as scenic as in years past since there's no snow. We had picked out this tree earlier in the year, but discovered a problem with it on the back side and decided to look for a different one.
Fortunately, we have a lot to choose from.
After Jon cut it down he remarked that this was a young tree and counted the rings. The tree started it's life about the same time as our grandson Ben. Fourteen years ago. Grandpa Jon says, it's the same age, but taller than Ben (not by much), and definitely not as smart as Ben.
We had to cut a small chunck of it off and I saved it for my window display on the deck. It's a cool piece of wood.
Even without snow to drag the tree on, it was still a pretty easy job.
I took several photos and there's not one of them that Lady is not moving in. She is nonstop motion.
It is necessary to document our Green Christmas with photos of the fountain and the stairs to the deck. Normally, both we be covered with snow. A LOT of snow. As a matter of fact, we rarely walk down these steps in the winter because of that. We do not shovel the snow off of these steps.
A cluster of grapes still hanging on.
The tree decorating has begun. As of this morning I have lights and quite a few decorations on it, but still have garland and ribbon to add. More photos tomorrow.
I've listened to this album every Christamas. First I had the vinyl album, then the CD and now I've copied the songs into my digital music collection.

No comments:
Post a Comment