Monday, December 18, 2023

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

 

The tree is decorated.  I haven't decided if the silver garland is just too much.  I might take it off and leave the red ribbon.  

My indecision about the tree garland had me searching for tree photos from years past. 

Years ago I used to move the TV out of the corner so the tree could go there.   That's way too much work now.  The tree goes where it's easiest to decorate.





Next I came across a photo of Wilson.  

I had forgotten about our Wilson ball.  It sat next to the bookshelf for about 5 years and then finally ended up in the white elephant gift exchange.



It was red velvet ribbon - not sure of the year.

I do remember this year when Collin got his first sled.  He was so excited for Christmas but on Christmas Eve he had an ear infection and really didn't feel very good on Christmas morning.



This was a year he was happy and healthy.  Someone got a can of smoked oysters in their stocking and Collin thought it was a camera.  He walked around the house all morning pretending to take pictures with his camera.  


I finally let him have my camera - without the film in it.  Back in those days it was expensive to buy the film and then send it off to be developed.  We were always looking for the best deals to have film developed.  How times have changed. 


I couldn't resist posting this photo of Collin in his Santa suit...


...and this sweet picture of Rylee.








This was the year that I went to the thrift store looking for Christmas decorations and found these for sale.  I had to buy one.  It was an "open early" gift.   






It was an "all hands on deck" kind of project.


Multiple people had to read the assembly instructions.


Finally, it had to be painted.


A rare photo of all of our grandkids together.


The blue angel has been on top of more than 50 Christmas trees.   It's now on top of our 14 year-old Christmas tree.   There were lots of icicles in those days before the garland became popular.  I added some icicles to the tree last year and I'm still finding stray icicles here and there.





No comments: