Monday, November 6, 2023

Rainy day zoomies

 Yesterday we had a nice break from all the rain which made the first day of standard time a little easier to adjust to.  The sunshine was a welcome relief and the leaves dried out enough to blow a few more of them off the lawn. 

Jon and I watched football and then spent some time outside.  Lady began her morning with a lengthy set of zoomies around the house.  She spent most of Saturday indoors and apparently, it was just too much.  We watched at least 5 minutes of her jumping in the air, then she would toss her ball as high as she could and run to catch it.  All the while turning around and around in crazy circles.  The finale was running around the entire living room and kitchen area as fast as she could go.  Over and over again.   After watching that, I needed another cup of coffee.  Funny little dog.

This photo was taken in the evening.  She drags her blanket into the center of the room and then she spends quite a bit of time adjusting it so that it's piled just right for her to take a nap on.

Later in the day I baked some gluten-free cornbread.  After it cooled, I broke it all up into smaller pieces and then toasted it in the oven.  It's what I will use to make my stuffing for Thanksgiving.  Luckily, the gluten-free version of cornbread actually tastes as good as the real thing.   



Jon and I are scheduled to get both our flu and RSV vaccinations today at the Safeway Pharmacy.  It's that time of the year.  We have been getting flu vaccinations now for more than 30 years and most years, it works.   Also, I had RSV last year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I don't want to get it again. 

I also spent some time yesterday making phone calls to Hope area residents asking them to vote for Scott Wood for our school board trustee.   Scott was one of Jon's former students at Sandpoint Middle School and now Scott's two boys attend school there.   Thank you Scott for making a commitment to serve on the board.   

Today we are in for another round of atmospheric river rain with a little snow tossed in at the higher elevations.  Tis the season.

Zoomies










No comments: