Yesterday included another trip to Sandpoint for a doctor appointment that went as expected and then a few more errands. The afternoon was nicer than expected with a bit of cloud cover and a breeze, which made it cool enough to do some more garden chores late in the day.
The is the first time I've grown bok choy and it appears to be doing well so I decided to harvest some to add to a stir fry for dinner. There's also plenty of fresh lettuce for salads.
Last weekend I went to the Old Ice Pizza with Kristine and Ellie to listen to guitarist, Ian Newbill. This was one of the songs he sang and it brought back memories of the summer we built our house.
Our builder, Kenny Walrath, loved this song(Driving my life away) and it had the perfect beat to pound nails to. Son David was only six years old that summer, and he doesn't remember a lot about building the house, but he told us later that every time he hears this song, he thinks of Kenny. Every morning on the job Kenny would plug in his boombox (remember those?) and listen to country music as he and Jon worked. I believe it was a #1 hit on the music charts in 1980.
No comments:
Post a Comment