Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Find a shady spot

 This might be "the year of the garden".  It's June 13th and almost everything in my garden already looks as it would on July 13th.  Amazing!

The planting box is looking great and soon the wave petunias will be waving over the edge along with the trailing nasturtiums.    



My lettuce in a pot is doing well.


This tomato is awesome and also a mystery since it was one without a label.  I don't know what I'm going to get, but it's setting tomatoes.  There's some lettuce and a couple of sunflowers also growing in the pot. 


The patio cherry tomatoes look great.


The begonias love the heat and the humidity.


I prefer a shady spot.





These will be ready to pick soon.


Early Girl tomatoes in a pot.


This year I am growing potatoes in two huge pots and adding more soil as they grow.  


The peonies are putting on a show and look like bright pink beacons in my yard.  The rain last week kind of knocked them down but they're still blooming.

We have appointments in Sandpoint today so I was out in the garden early and now it's way too hot to be out there.  They say we have some cooler temps ahead and I'm looking forward to that.

Yesterday Jon assembled and installed a portable air conditioner for our bedroom.  He did a great job and we used it for the first time last night.  It's necessary when we have smokey skies since we can't open the windows.  Our air quality the last few days has been "fair".  We like "excellent".

Also yesterday, Miss Lady went to the groomers and had "the works".  The groomer at Petco, Alyssia, did a beautiful job and Lady will at least be clean for 8 hours.   She's an "outside dog" so it's only a matter of time before she gets dirty again.   She is slowly learning about trips in the car, to the groomer, etc.  and is figuring out what we want her to do.   Smart dog.

Stay in the shade today and enjoy the beautiful weather.



No comments: