Sunday, June 11, 2023

A little thunder and lightning cloud

 So.  You want some rain?   The evening sky just before the downpour.






I would call these "angry clouds". 



In-between the downpours and whenever it was dry enough to be outside, we worked on clearing a space for a carport.  We've talked about getting one for many years and have finally made the big decision.  


There were three very tall birch trees that had to be removed, plus some white fir.  


Jon is skidding them to separate piles, one for firewood and one that's just brush to burn in the fall.  Lady is in charge and stays away from the truck and she's figuring out that when Jon is running his chainsaw, she should be on the porch.





The last one decided to get hung up in the tree tops and he finally had to put the chain on it to rotate it just enough to get it to fall.   The carport will be nestled between the three cedar trees since we really don't want to have to cut any of those down. 





My garden is growing like crazy.  I plan to get out there today to take some pics.  Meanwhile, I am working on spring cleaning that still needs to be done.  Yesterday I washed windows and there's still a lot of other "to-do's" on my list today.  

The weather has been beautiful, even with all the rain.  Enjoy!


No comments: