Many years ago I used to do some sketching with pencil or charcoal, but I've never tried using colored pencil. We've had several art classes at the community center and it's been great fun learning to use them. Our instructor, Kathy Gorup, asked us to bring a photo of our pet.
This was my photo.
The light from the overhead lamp made it difficult for me. Lady doesn't really have any brown color in her coat. She's all black, gray and white. I just couldn't figure out how to show the light in my drawing.
Anyway, this is what I ended up with and it was a fun project.
We followed the Zags until the end last night and even though they lost, it sure was a fun tournament. They gave us many thrilling moments. It was wonderful entertainment while we wait for the snow to thaw.
On most afternoons we take Lady for a walk in the woods. She loves it, but she refuses to leave her toys behind. She is obsessed with playing fetch with a ball, any ball. She carries it with her all the way on the walk, hoping that we'll take a minute to throw it for her. She is a funny little dog.
I am thinking about building a couple more raised beds since back pain is starting to become a real nuisance. I'm looking at the ones that use a concrete block for the corners. The blocks can be stacked and the 2x6's slide into the block. They can be anchored using a piece of rebar in the center.
In the meantime I am kind of spring cleaning and throwing out some of the clutter. I read a saying that said when you're young, you wish for "stuff", middle-aged, you acquire "the stuff" and at my age, you throw out "the stuff". Notice how I didn't say "old-age".
June 2014.
The two raised bed that I have are holding up well.
Will need pansies soon.
Grandson Dylan has a birthday this week! We are all celebrating. Julie's cakes are always amazing. Yummy too!
The flower on top of the cake unfolded as the candles began to burn. Very impressive.




No comments:
Post a Comment