Saturday, March 11, 2023

Pretending can make it real...

 ...Yes, it's been snowing for the past 254 hours(I meant 24, but it seems like 254.  A little type there).  

 I was outside early this morning to run the snowblower since the temperatures will soon warm up and the moisture could turn into rain anytime.  

What do you get when you have 8 inches of fresh snow on top of what's already on the ground and then it starts raining?  Let's just say it becomes a sloppy mess.  

The best thing to do is to get rid of as much of it as you can in the walkways and on the driveway.  

it's beautiful outside and not cold.  It would be wonderful it the date was Dec. 24th.  

Tonight we "spring forward".  Maybe, just maybe, it will mean that the snowfall is finally the LAST one!  

Therefore, I am only thinking "spring" from now on  - or sometimes "summer".  

We have basketball games and an XFL football game to watch today. 

 I'm working on a sketch of Miss Lady using colored pencil.   The art classes at the community center are fun, especially since I am learning new techniques.   The instructors, Kathy Gorup, Kally Thurman and Vera Gadman, have introduced us to both pencil and colored pencil drawing, watercolor and also acrylic painting. I missed the acrylic sessions, so I hope they will be taught again some time. 

I've done my first transplanting of my Red Robin tomatoes and started the seeds for four varieties of peppers and also my garden tomatoes.  


 I am hoping to have some of these ripening on the those plants by May.  


I also took my begonias out of storage so that they can begin to grow once again.

Happy Spring Forward Day.


I swear you'll feel better after listening to this song.

La la la la la de ho
Whether the weather be rain or snow
Pretending can make it real
A snowy pasture, a green and grassy field

No comments: