Tuesday, December 20, 2022

-17 for the low? Really? Say it isn't true.


I was up way too early this morning, around 5:00 a.m.  I took Lady outside to do her business and it was snowing.  It looks like we received another couple of inches last night, but there's more to come.  

My plan for today was to bake cookies, but now it's looking more like another shovel and snow blower day, especially since the cold temps predicted for tomorrow are making me want to stay indoors.


Yes, I'm still working on the tree.  I've added a few icicles. 


I'm also still behind on getting gifts wrapped and in the mail.  Unfortunately, some of them are going to be late this year. 

As you can see in this photo my dining table is a bit of a mess.





I'm beginning to think that Santa might be bringing me a lump of coal this year.  Who ordered all this snow and the freezing temperatures?  I never thought I'd be longing to spend winter somewhere warmer, but I'm starting to dream about it.


Our Christmas with our family will be next week when I hope it has warmed back up for a few days.  We are looking forward to seeing all of our kidlets again.


Miss Lady has adjusted to the tree thing being in the house.  She's only thrown her toys into it a couple of times and for the most part, she ignores it.  She did freak out at one point when she saw the blinking lights at the top of the tree.  She was pretty sure it was alive and started barking at it.


It's definitely a day for hot cocoa and cookies.  It looks like Christmas 2022 will be another one for the record!

No comments: