Saturday, April 11, 2020

Three weeks in the life of quarantine.

The post today is a mixture of photos taken during the past three weeks.  It seems like it should be spring, but of course, we are having the North Idaho version.  It's spring one day and winter returns the next. 

Forecast for Today:
Rain and snow showers before 1pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1pm and 2pm. High near 46. Northeast wind 11 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.


One afternoon a couple of weeks ago we drove towards Bull Lake just to get out of the house to see some different scenery.  We are so fortunate to have this view a short drive away.


A very cloudy and stormy looking day, but Ibex peak was at it's best.



Part of our daily routine is our resident squirrel.  There are actually two of them.   This is our little Bushy Tail squirrel.  We don't leave the feeder outside at night and he gets very upset whenever the feeder is not on the deck rail in the morning.


There are the fish to feed - four times per day and now our parakeet, Chelini.  He responds to Retired Mountain Man's voice and as soon as he walks in the room and starts talking, Chelini replies with lots of chirping and flying about his cage.

About mid-day we go for our daily walk up the driveway to the pick up the newspaper.  A week ago we were so fortunate to have additional snowfall every night for three nights in a row.  The heavy, wet kind.  We could have built a snowman....








The substitute UPS driver was not a happy person.  There were actually 7 boxes she had to deliver that day and since she was not familiar with driving on our road, she decided that a chain-up was necessary - when it really was not.  Oh well.


After all that new snow the weather finally took a turn and the past few days have been sunny and warm.    Just enough for these to pop up.

With the sunshine returning Retired Mountain Man and I worked in the garden.  The fruit trees have their first insecticide spray and the deer fence is up.   We found that working outside for two to three hours was exhausting.  I needed a chair to sit in to take breaks.

Where did all of our physical strength go?  At least for me it's going to be a slow process to gain it back for planting my garden.  Plus, I am planning to expand the vegetable garden.  I know.  I know.  It was only two years ago that I set out to make the veggie garden smaller.  Now I am going to undo it.

That is, IF, I have the energy.

The pots on the deck await, and there are many.


Retired Mountain Man is in better shape than I and he hiked down the mountain to the game camera location.  It's a steep hike back up that I'm not ready for yet, but the day will come.


There's still a few patches of snow, but it's starting to look promising.

Easter will be celebrated with a roast turkey dinner.    I am looking forward to cooking and enjoying a turkey dinner. 

The Bad news.  Really bad news.

There are no peeps.

Retired Mountain Man wishes that he had selected Collin's white elephant gift at New Year's.


Happy Easter


No comments: