There were some good friends at the restaurant that night, Byron and Myra Lewis. Retired Mountain Man and I have known them for many years. In fact I remember the first time I talked to Bryon on the phone way back in about 1977. We were renting the Loman place on the hill and Bryon phoned to ask if he could carpool with Jon and another Sandpoint High School teacher, Glen Ford. That was the beginning of a great friendship. It was wonderful to see them Friday night. (Do you remember back in those days, it was necessary to carpool?)
Also, Travis and Cindy Kiebert, along with Bill and wife, Danni, and Cindy's brother Daryl and his wife, Brenda were there. It's always fun to chat with friends during our music breaks.
![]() |
| Photo credit goes to Daryl as I didn't get a chance to take one. |
My tomato row on my deck.
I am growing pumpkins this year to give to our grandkids and great-grandkids for Halloween. They are good size and perfect for jack-o'-lanterns.
This one was chewed on a bit by a deer last month, but I think it will still make a nice jack-o'-lantern.
Warning: I am now going to add photos of dahlias. Lot's of dahlias. Retired Mountain Man's flowers are the best.
My favorite: April Dawn
I do have some other flowers blooming. I call this my Begonia Corner - on my deck. All I can say is that they are huge.
A view from below the deck.
The temperature was very cool this morning. A sign that the rush of August will soon be over. We can look forward to Fall and enjoy the leaves turning color, but not yet. There are a few lazy, crazy days of summer left.

No comments:
Post a Comment