Thursday, August 1, 2019

August is here. Let's do it!


The first two months of the summer have gone by and now it seems as if everyone tries to pack in as many activities as they can realizing that there's really only one month of summer left. 

Sunrise on Green's Ridge and Middle Mountain

I love the early mornings in August.  It is so cool and the air feels clean and fresh.  Here on the mountain it is so quiet.  As I was out on my deck taking some photos this morning, the only sounds I heard were of the hummingbirds as they dive-bombed me because I was standing too close to one of their favorite flowers, my fuchsia plants.  Once in awhile there was the crow of the rooster next door at the Steven's place.  (Another one of my favorite things - to wake up in the morning to the sound of a rooster crowing.)  Thanks, Mike and Teresa!


There's one leaf on the fountain.   A sign of the beginning of the end.  The early morning shadows are long in the garden.



Maggie is on guard watching for those pesky deer.  If she chases one out of the yard or garden, she gets a treat. 


It's time to pick blueberries again.  Really?

We are watering 24/7 or at least it seems that way. 

We have visitors arriving for the weekend and a family reunion soon.  Plus there's the rodeo, the festival and the fair.  There will be several August birthdays to celebrate and there might be huckleberries and/or mushrooms to hunt and pick.

Retired Mountain Man's Dahlia Daze have begun.


Yes, we are planning to pack in as many activities as we can.  I hope you are too.  Hang on!  It's August!






No comments: