After some research I decided the best to use the DASH diet recommended by the American Heart Association. It has turned out to be a good choice.
Dec. 2012 to June 2013:
LDL - the bad stuff went from 144 to 126
HDL - the good stuff from 48 to 57
Total - is now 204
| LDL Cholesterol | LDL-Cholesterol Category |
| Less than 100 | Optimal |
| 100 - 129 | Near optimal/above optimal |
| 130 - 159 | Borderline high |
| HDL Cholesterol | HDL-Cholesterol Category |
| 60 and above | High; Optimal; associated with lower risk |
| Less than 40 in men and less than 50 in women | Low; considered a risk factor for heart disease |
| Total Cholesterol | Category |
| Less than 200 | Desirable |
| 200 - 239 | Mildly High |
| 240 and above | High |
And one more thing - I lost another pound today. I will be continuing with my new healthy eating plan.
How are your numbers? Do you know them?
2 comments:
WAY TO GO! That's so great! Seriously! My total was 197 (HDL 57, LDL 125). I lift a glass of red wine to ya! Cheers!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That's not easy to do!
Post a Comment