I tried this recipe from the following blog: Purely Primal The sauce is awesome. It would also be great on a grilled steak.
Casey, Purely Primal author, is the son of our good friends, Tom and Kathy, who are so lucky that they get to live in both Idaho and Montana!
Salmon with Huckleberry (Blueberry) Sauce
- 1 - 2 lb Salmon Fillet
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 to 2 cloves minced garlic
- Pinch of allspice, sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries (I used 1 c. huckleberries)
- 2 tbsp of fig balsamic vinegar
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp butte
- (I added sweetener to taste as the huckleberries are pretty tart) You may also need to adjust the amount of thickener
When you get a chance, check out the recipes on their blog. I think I am going to try the coconut/chocolate bars.
No comments:
Post a Comment