Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wine Tasting 2011 Vintage

Yesterday I sampled all six carboys to see how the wines are progressing.  I think we are ready to bottle the two white wines.  Due to the cold and rainy summer last year, we had a very poor harvest of grapes.  This year's wines except one, are all a combination of grapes and other fruit juices.

 Samples from the six carboys.  From the left:  Concord Grape Wine;  Concord Grape, Blackberry and Cherry Wine;  Concord Grape and Cherry Wine;  Concord Grape, Blackberry and Cherry;  White Grape Orchard Wine; and White Grape and Pear Wine.  All sample are quite clear and have a nice color. 


 The White Grape Orchard Wine has a beautiful golden pink color.  It definitely has apple and citrus flavors.  The White Grape and Pear Wine has a fruit flavor but less citrus.



The Concord Grape and the Concord and Berry Blend still taste a little acidic and need more time in the carboys to mellow out.  All of the wines are dry and the fruit blends are a nice taste of  berries added to the grapes. This year's wine will be a nice variation to add to Cougar Creek Cellars. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

O..Yeaaaaah! That's awesome! You know how I love the fruity stuff! Cherry Grape Wine! I am so excited to try some!
Hmmmm... maybe I'd better make room for a bottle by opening some of our cellar stash right now :)