The final lawn mowing of the year happened on Thursday, just before the rain. Now it's time to start cutting off the flower heads, etc. It's a big job since I have a lot of flowers but I plan to only do a few at a time.
I have also been working on putting up some jams and jellies. Today I am working on a few jars of applesauce for Jon. Our tree only had small apples this year, but they're making a pretty, light pink sauce. I made a Pear-ginger jam the other day and it tastes pretty good. Years ago I used to simmer pears on the stove and make pear butter, so this is a different treat.
I'm posting some photos and video of our new resident, a tiny chipmunk. We don't usually see them around here so we're hoping he/she survives the winter.
So what else was happening in the family?
This is a photo of Jon's parent's place on Woodcock Drive, just off of Mullan Rd in Missoula. Back in 1975 there wasn't anything business wise near Mullan Rd. Now it's gridlock traffic through there by all of the big businesses, including a Costco.
There was going to be a new development there and lots were being sold. It was just an empty corner lot that they moved their mobile home onto. Over the years they added rooms on the back, expanded the living room and added a deck and a garage/woodshop. The family has lots of great memories from that location.
David took drove by and took this photo on the day everyone got together to help Rylee move into her apartment, which isn't far from there. It hasn't changed at all except the trees might be a bit taller.
Speaking of Jon's parents, Melissa took this photo of Nine Pipes Reservoir near Ronan. His parents owned a cabin there for years and we spent many happy times there fishing. There weren't many cabins there back then and I wonder if any of them are still standing.
The movers.
There were a lot of things to assemble and lots of trips up the stairs to the second floor. She is all settled in now and classes have started.
How many things does a girl need? Quite a few by this picture.
JP went to San Diego for a party/mini-vacation sponsored by his company. David flew to New York and then Boston for his company. No photos this time. He's flying to San Diego tomorrow for more business. Popular place.
Grandson Dylan went on a flight over Missoula to Kalispell.
He even had a chance at the wheel for a few minutes.
Rylee has a new cat, Bruce Wayne. He looks kind of scary.
He seems to like Rylee though and the feeling is mutual.
Great-grandson Jason dressed up for his brother Caleb's wedding.
He's trying out the Honeycrisp apples that they grew this year.
Grandson Ben after a long day at work. He stretches out the length of their couch!
Jon and I celebrated our 54th wedding anniversary on Sept. 16th. His sister Linda and her husband Malcom, celebrated their 59th on Sept. 9th. The year they got married Jon was working with his cousin Kermit and Uncle Pete on the infamous Sundance Fire and came off the fire to drive to Hamilton for their wedding.
I ran across this photo of our reception and had forgotten that our cake had candles on it. Fifty-four years seems like yesterday even though I didn't remember the candles.
A Long and Lasting Love...
Julie and David's dahlias are spectacular this year.
Last but not least, Happy Birthday to my sister Kathy! The famous escape artist and cute little blond girl in this photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment