Birthdays and Fishing - making some family memories.
We celebrated birthdays and fishing on Seagull Charters last weekend. It was so action-packed that I am just now getting around to browsing all of the photos between Julie and I. We both took a lot of photos.
My birthday is Oct. 1st and granddaughter Rylee's is on the 3rd. Also Bob Lizotte's' birthday is on the 3rd. Happy Birthday to Rylee and Bob. Rylee celebrated her birthday in Kalispell with her friends.
David baked and decorated my birthday cake and it was not only delicious, but a beautiful cake. He had it covered when he brought it in the house so that I couldn't see what it was until party time.
There is a story behind that cake though.
David's birthday is in early April so from the time he was a year old, I always baked him an angel food cake and I usually decorated it with seven-minute frosting and jelly beans because his birthday was always near Easter. I think he was probably 15 before he finally told me that he really didn't like angel food cake and would I please bake him anything else, anything but angel food.
So, the truth be told, is that I also do not care that much for angel food cake or jelly beans, but there is one person who really loves it, and that is Jon. He's eaten almost all of it. Go Jonnie, go!
My mom always baked us angel food cakes for our birthdays, but she did it from scratch. She was really good at it.
The next morning we went out on Seagull Charters for the day. We didn't catch many fish, but it wasn't for lack of trying. Tyler had a lot of lines out for us, but they just weren't hungry. It didn't matter because we were just having a great time being out on the lake and enjoying the beauty and all of the scenery.
It was a chilly morning, but the sun came out and then it was warm. The perfect weather for fishing. A little bit of chop on the water.
Seagull's captain, Tyler Long. He's the best on the lake!
We've been out on the lake on Seagull Charters many times - years ago. I think I have photos of almost everyone in our family on the Seagull. Jon's parents, my mom and brothers and sisters. We used to go out during both the spring and fall derbies. We're planning to go again in the spring.
My mom fishing with Jim McNeeley, captain of the Seagull.
Jon's mom on the Seagull.
Zoom photo from my iphone. Not bad for taking it while on a rocking boat on the lake.
The crew at the end of the day. We took plenty of hot coffee, sandwiches and snacks, but by sunset we were ready for some Tamale' Pie that I had prepared ahead. What a fabulous day!
No comments:
Post a Comment