Wednesday, August 27, 2025

Here comes Labor Day!

 The final days of August are here and we're experiencing some really hot temperatures.  We are hoping for rain but it doesn't look like we will get rain in our forecast.  It's been raining all around us, which is what has happened most of the summer. 

We have lots of fallen leaves on our deck and on the lawn which makes it look like Fall, but it's not quite here yet.  When it is this hot, I delay mowing my lawn and it gets a bit high but I find it causes less stress on the grass.  I will wait to mow until our temperature drops - at least into the low 80's.  Maybe on Friday.

In the meantime I am picking green beans and putting them in the freezer for the winter meals.  Thankfully, they are almost done.  That will leave me with tomatoes and carrots to harvest along with a few more beets that I will pickle.  

My begonias are in their usual form, huge and blooming like crazy.  They almost look too perfect in photographs.  





My petunias continue to amaze me.  They are almost reaching the deck floor and although I can't get a good photo of it, they also cascade down on the other side of the deck rail.



Last nights sunset was a bit hazy, but still beautiful.  

Tomorrow is grandson Ben's birthday.   I don't know how the years go by so quickly.  How did this kid get so tall, so soon?  

Our oldest grandson with his little brother Ben, who is our youngest grandchild.


The miracle petunias.  

As I write this post I am watching the news of another mass shooting at a school.  This country is a mess.  When are we going to decide to protect our children?  Another horrible, tragic day, especially for those families.   My heart was broken with Sandy Hook - 13 years ago.  The list goes on and on...

We Are The World



No comments: