It seems that there's beauty everywhere and we're only in the middle of our glorious spring.
Yesterday Jon moved his dahlia tubers out of storage from last winter and they're now planted in the ground. I can't wait to see the blossoms in August.
Our Lilacs, Iris and Columbine are blooming. The Peonies are next.
Rhubarb blossom.
This has to be the largest rhubarb leaf I've ever seen seen. It is huge!
I've moved my houseplants onto the front porch for the summer. They love it there.
My Snow-on-the-Mountain is kind of out of control.
The Hostas - on their way to being huge. We're going to have to move the fence since some of them are pushing up against it. The fence is necessary otherwise the deer will eat everything down to the roots.
Miss Lady is not much of a digger, but for some reason she did decide to make a hole in front of this Hosta plant earlier in the spring. The Sweet Woodruff spreads pretty easily and should fill it back in by next year.
Last year Jon and I transplanted some Sweet Woodruff and Creeping Jenny to the other side of the lawn on the east end of the house. The grass just doesn't want to grow there because there's not enough sun and too many trees. It's coming along nicely.
According to my friend Marianne there's a golden hour for taking photos. I think she's right.
I was thinking about yesterday's post and remembered that the soloist who sang "You'll Never Walk Alone, also sang, "Old Man River". It is a challenging solo. I loved accompanying vocalists and small vocal groups. Rehearsing the songs and making adjustments to enhance the music was an enjoyable experience and time well spent.
Old Man River, from the musical, Showboat. Two great songs from it, Can't Help Lovin' That Man and Old Man River. It seems like the right song to listen to this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment