Happy Anniversary to my brother Don and his wife Linda! They're celebrating 50 years today. They've had to postpone their celebration event back in Massena, Iowa due to bad weather, but I'm sure they're still remembering their special day fifty years ago.
They visited us in Hope the following summer and I have a couple of photos of their visit. We drove up Lightning Creek and then to the Auxor Mine.
Yesterday, we had no plans to be out and about on Valentine's Day, but some of the youngsters did.
David and Julie were "out on the town" to celebrate Valentine's Day. They sent us photos of their celebration which was at the Town and Country in Missoula. The place where Jon and I ended our first date back in October 1971. Boy, does that seem like a long time ago. Yes, indeed.
They wore their matching Town and Country Jackets.
We preferred staying home on Valentine's Day and celebrated with a dinner of pan-seared sea scallops and pasta. I have never tried making the dish but it turned out really tasty. It was what you would call a quiet evening at home.
I'm posting a photo of a Valentine that Jon gave to his cousin Kay. After keeping it all these years, she gave it back to him several years ago. It has a special place on my hutch. Note that he gave it to her in 1948. That was the year I was born. Yes, indeed, we're old.
Happy Valentine's Day!
My favorite "Valentine" song. The Beatles, of course.
Day!

.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment