Friday, November 19, 2021





 The white stuff is here!  It's still snowing this morning and it's the heavy, wet variety.  There's not quite as much as in the two photos above, but enough.  Willie and I have been outside to clean off the satellite dishes so that we have TV and Internet.  He doesn't seemed to be concerned at all about the snow.  




While I was looking at old photos I came across these from Thanksgiving 2006. In 2006 we didn't have as much snow as this morning so the kids were making do with what there was to sled. I think there's about 4 inches today. 

Our neighbor's dog, Thompson, was a puppy and we took care of him while they were in Alabama to visit family.  He was a bit older than Willie is now, but they look very similar.  He and Mollie dog had a lot of fun playing with the kids in the snow.   
 

Willie Report:


Willie is settling in and we're getting to know each other.  He's quick to learn and he loves his crate which means he sleeps all night.  No more outside trips at 3:00 a.m.  House breaking is going well and even though there have been mishaps, the routine is now working which is pretty good after ten days of training. 

He still thinks he's a lap dog and loves to sit on our laps.  We're making a lot of progress with the soft bite on my wrist and he's pretty patient having his paws held and his nails clipped.  

A couple of days ago he was still terrified of the stairs to the basement but that fear has now been conquered.  Whenever he hears the door to the basement open, he's ready to go down there. 

We bought him a small dog bed for the living room and placed it right next to my chair.  It didn't take long for him to figure out that it was his spot.  Also right next to my feet.  He likes to sleep with his head or paw on my foot. 

The leash training is not going so well since he managed to chew the first one in half.  Hmm.  I have a new leash now and need to try again. 


I had my final checkup with my opthamologist on Wed. and the cataract surgery is healing well.  My next appointment will be with the optometrist in a month.  My vision without my glasses is good enough that I can read my music without wearing my glasses.  I did not expect that, but yay! 

I had read that the stores were running out of turkeys, etc. so after my appointment with the doc I went to buy mine on Wednesday.  There were turkeys in every store and I found exactly what I wanted.  

Daughter-in-law Julie will be baking the pies which is a relief for me.  The normal GF 1 to 1 flours for the pie crusts don't work because I can't have corn or rice flours/starch.  She's an excellant baker so I know she's up to the challenge.

We enjoy the food at Thanksgiving but most of all look forward to having family here for the holiday.   It will be time for watching football and playing board games or cards until late in the evening with lots of conversation around the table. 

There's a lot to be thankful for this year. 

No comments: