On Tuesday I finally had cataract surgery at Bonner General Health. I am so glad it's over, especially since I had to cancel it twice due to other health issues. Everything went very smoothly after checking in at 8:30 a.m. I left the hospital around 11:15 and was back home by noon.
For the next few days I have to wear an eye patch at night. I love it. I've always wanted to be a pirate. Arrrgh! Matey! My vision has already improved and according to my doctor it should improve more each day.
Our puppy drama is is also improving. We're getting to know each other and Willie is a sweet puppy. Don't get me wrong, he's still a very active little guy but he also thinks he's a lap dog. He spends a lot of time in Jon's lap. I'm trying to picture this in 6 months.
Willie likes his crate as it's a safe place for him. The other safe place that he's discovered is underneath our dining room table. Right in the center. With all of the chairs in, it must seem similar to the crate for him. That's where he takes his naps during the day. Those chair legs are also fun to chew on. Hmm.
He already knows the words "good" and "no". We're still working on "down". He has learned to "sit" to get his treats.
Willie also knows where his toys are in the basket by the chair. He also thinks that sometimes it's okay to chew on socks, slippers, shoes and rugs. At the moment he has a very short attention span so it's easy to distract him. So far the old people are hanging in there and winning out over the youngster's antics.
Today is a special day. Veteran's Day.
The Cougar Creek Band, along with Scotchman's Peak Wilderness Organization, marched for the past ten years with a float in the 4th of July parade in Clark Fork. We always supported veterans.
For the first time in twenty years, America is not at war. I am thankful for that.
Thank you to veterans and also their families.
Honor
Courage
Truth
Respect
Compassion
Commitment
No comments:
Post a Comment