Saturday, September 11, 2021

Yesterday and today

 


September 11, 2001 was a bright, sunny day in New York City.

September 11, 2001 was a bright, sunny day here too.  At 6:00 a.m. Jon and I were driving to Sandpoint Middle School.  We had seen the news before we left.  I vividly remember driving down the highway - passing the turnoff to Northside School.  The sky was bright blue and it was a gorgeous fall day.  How could this be happening?

Today, twenty years later it's a very rainy day in North Idaho and we are all welcoming it.  We need the rain.  

We're still in the middle of a pandemic and we're sad once again because so many Americans are dying and they don't need to.

Yesterday I made-up my peach-jalapeno jam.  The first batch tasted so good that I kept on and made two more.  I have filled every jam/jelly jar in my house except one.




While I was canning away I was listening to my friend Bruce's new CD.  It was produced by Ben Harper's Mad Bunny Records.  Artists are Bruce Bishop, Stanley Clarke, Stewart Copeland, Jesse Ingalls and Jimmy Paxson.  

A Dream Set Free - Out is In


You can listen to the other songs here.  

It's also available to purchase on Amazon and other music download sites.

Today I'm moving on to making salsa today and watching football.  


Remembering 

and

listening

No comments: