Sunday, June 23, 2019

Summer Solstice and the Harvest

Summer officially begins.  It was a bit more normal the last few days with the rainy weather, but really it has not been a normal spring.  My vegetable garden is several weeks ahead of schedule.  All due to our warm spring temperatures and lack of rain.  Yes, there will be sweet corn and my broccoli and cauliflower plants are huge.  It looks like it could be a great gardening year.






First squash blossom


Lady's Mantle


Butternut Squash


Salad Bowl Fixings




Let the broccoli harvest begin.


The bird songs were so lovely yesterday.  I wish you could have heard them.    Such a beautiful sound as I walked around the yard and garden to take these photos.

Every year there is at least one Robin's nest in the grape arbor.








It was time to thin the onion patch.

I love watching the garden grow, harvesting the vegetables and I don't even mind the weeding as long as the temperature isn't too high.  Welcome to summer!


No comments: