My car had a safety recall so we had to drive to Couer d'Alene to get it fixed and have the oil changed. Fortunately, that task was on the day that it poured rain here. It was a downpour with lots of thunder and lightning along with some hail.
The next day was really nice so we drove back up Lightning Creek one more time to check for mushrooms. It was a little steep to get to the bench for the hunt and pretty slippery in places, but I managed to hike up the mountain. We only found four morels and have to declare this season is over. There may have been some at higher elevation but that's too much for us.
I did take some photos. The burnt tree stumps are like sculptures to me.
Our trip to CDA included a Costco run. That meant I bought hotdogs for the 4th of July. Since I now have to eat gluten-free I have really missed hamburger buns, hotdog buns and in bread in general. I've looked at buying the GF buns sold in grocery stores. I find the bread to be pretty tasteless and had sticker shock when I looked at the price for 4 hotdog buns, $7.69.
I decided that I would attempt to bake my own. I've never made hotdog or hamburger buns, but I have baked bread. I made baking molds with aluminum foil and found a recipe. Baking any kind of bread without gluten is a challenge. There are hundreds of recipes online, but who knows which one really works.
There's not a nice round top on the buns, but maybe they will taste good? I'll let you know tomorrow.
Lastly, I am getting ready for the gig at Trinity. This will be the final season for our band, Running With Scissors. I think the band has been playing for at least twelve years and the original members were Bruce Bishop, Tom Newbill and Tim Gunn. I have only been with them for the last five. It's been a lot of fun and is truly one of the nicest places to play music. We play on Friday nights from 6:00-9:00.

No comments:
Post a Comment