Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Pile of Peppers to Pickle

Beautiful end of summer days here.  The temperature has been about 75 with a very nice breeze in the afternoon.  It has been the perfect weather to get back into the garden, tilling, weeding and harvesting.  My peppers are growing like crazy and some of the Jalapeno peppers are even turning orange and red.  I harvested all of the cauliflower, pulled most of the onions so that they start drying out and dug one row of potatoes.  It's veggie time.  Tonight we are eating the first picking of Candy Corn.

I have decided to can some marinated peppers so that will be my next project.  I will do that when the weather heats back up.  Can you believe we are going back up into the 90's next week?  That is pretty unusual for us.  Maybe some of the tomatoes will get ripe. 








 First picking.  There's more!





No comments: