Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mid July Slow Down

Things have slowed down a bit which is a good thing if you are over 60.  Tuesday was guitar lesson with mandolin and fiddle this time and it was a lot of fun. We tried several new songs and will introduce them to the "full band" next jam session.  Our teacher tried to help us with our singing and teach us some harmony, but I've found I can only do one of two things, either sing or play the guitar.  Why can't I do both at once?   Bummer.  How do all those musicians on TV do it?  They sing and play at the same time...... 

Wednesday morning was Strength Training Class at the health club.  It was a rainy morning and not much else to do so I had no excuses.  Since I haven't been to class for three weeks I used up all the extra energy I had stored up.  I had several naps later in the day.  Played my guitar, a little keyboard, read the newspaper......  (I did give the puppy a bath and I was as wet as the puppy by the time we were finished.)  It makes sense, right?   Give your puppy a bath on the one day it is raining and there are mud puddles outside? 









I will say that Maggie is a lot of fun to play with when her coat is soft and clean.  It's like cuddling one of those velour blankets that has teeth.  She sleeps outside now and every morning we have a new gift on the front porch.  So far we've had a rug that looked like it had been left outside since 1999, several skulls, miscellaneous bones, and yesterday, a dahlia tuber.  There might be trouble in River City.










Wow!  My muscles are sore today!  I had big plans to be outside, roto-till the garden, pull some weeds and pick the strawberries.  Maybe I will play the guitar, a little keyboard, read the newspaper, take a nap.....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

A little napping after the Fourth is a good thing and a velour blanket with teeth perfectly describes a puppy, ha!