Saturday, May 23, 2026

Rylee Marie Burkhart...

Jon and I went to Kalispell last weekend for granddaughter Rylee's graduation from Flathead Valley Community College.  We celebrated by going out to dinner and we got to meet some of Rylee's friends.  The graduation ceremony was filled with the normal multiple speeches about accomplishments and the future.

I always love hearing Pomp and Circumstance played as the graduates march for the processional and recessional. 

I had to look this up:
Pomp and Circumstance was written by Sir Edward Elgar in 1901.  In 1905 Yale University awarded Elgar an honorary Doctorate of Music degree and the song was played as the recessional.  It quickly became the standard music for both high school and university graduations.  (I couldn't resist throwing in a little music history)


She is easy to spot in a crowd with her beautiful long red hair!

This was a special moment since her theater professor was the one who read her name off to receive her diploma.  She loved that and so did he. 


A photo with the proud parents!



This fall she will be transferring to the University of Montana.  




Lady enjoyed the trip as well and was spoiled with new toys from Rylee.  She and Rylee's cat, Mona, had a few encounters.  Mona managed to defend herself and we kept the two apart as much as possible. 

We all had a great time and we're so happy for Rylee.  Graduations and weddings - happy times.



No comments: