Our great-grandson Jason loves anything to do with numbers, including counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, time, clocks, dates,... he loves it. Somehow he started collecting and counting my Dixie cups. He gradually worked his way up to 53 cups and only "needed" 5 more to have 58.
I ordered the Dixie Cups from Costco about 4 years ago. I think there were 200 in the package. I'm almost out now, but I'm good with it. A pretty simple game to play with the cups. In the top photo Jason is getting ready to leave for the "ho and tel", which was his language for where they were staying.
One of Jon's favorites - cheese balls.
A new game for Ben, Poetry for Neanderthals. We played it and it was not an easy game.
How most of us felt in the early morning.
Preparing to cook "the beast".
The dining table was put to use for games of poker, Rummikub and for a collective effort in assembling a dinosaur T-rex remote controlled robot, which required coding and engineering skills. Ben could not wait to start working on it.
100 pieces...
The builders!
When they were finished, they had a T-rex with sound, light and Jason could make him "dance".
There had to be a brush pile to burn. It's tradition.
New Year's Eve is a time for assessment.
The youngest brother is almost there at age 14.
The white elephant drawing. Take a number. The rules are: choose one of the gifts that haven't been taken or steal one from someone else. You can only steal one time.
The white elephant exhange begins. Dave receives a diabetic testing kit along with a bottle of Cap'n Crunch Ocean Blue Maple Syrup and multiple bags of candy.
It was popcorn and movie night for Julie. A blanket and movies included.
Kelsey chose wisely with her white elephant gift since she loved the game Solarquest. We've had the game since the late 70's and she learned to play it at Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Dylan hated the game. Her white elephant was a new version of the game that just returned after 40 years. Up until this year if you wanted to buy Solarquest you had to search for a used one on eBay. Also, there were two coffee mugs in the bag.
Rylee opens the game Spanish Bingo. It's looking like a white elephant game year.
I -54 in Spanish please.
Melissa with a package of six more coffee mugs.
Grandpa Jon gets a Gnome and a coffee mug. He actually received two mugs as gifts. No more mugs!
Collin receives "all things a football fan would want", except he's not a fan. Plus, a football coffee mug.
Another game - Worst Case Senarios and you get another mug...
JP gets an apple-peeler-corer-slicer kitchen device. A water bottle this time AND, you guessed it, a coffee mug.
I was #10 and the last to choose. I decided to steal David's sugar, candy and diabetic bag. I defenitely need the syrup for payback from an incident many years ago when a very large container of very cold water was poured on me while I took my shower. I did get some revenge that year by pouring a bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's on David while he was in the shower. The revenge battles continue on in 2023 and probably 2024. I've heard that 2024 might be THE YEAR for revenge.
They say that Cap'n Crunches' Ocean Blue Maple Flavored Syrup is also an excellent shampoo product. For best results, use in the shower.
Blue is going to be the color for 2024!
Happy New Year!
I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair! Go Reba!
No comments:
Post a Comment