The garden bounty is here for the picking. I've made a few jars of dilly beans and packaged at least a dozen bags for the freezer.
I really don't know how tall the sweet corn is, but I think maybe it's close to 11 feet? Yes, it's ripe and we ate some the other night.
The lilies put on a spectacular show this year and they're almost finished, but the giant coreopsis are just beginning to bloom.
I have three squash plants growing in my compost pile and they have spread everywhere including outside of the fence. It should be interesting trying to pick them in the fall since the field is full of tall grass.
It looks like we're going to have a week of very hot temperatures coming up and then finally maybe a cool down of the temps. I sure hope so since most of the vegetables in the garden really don't like hundred degree temperatures. The same goes for the gardeners. We don't like it either.
Stay cool and enjoy the last few weeks of summer 2023.
No comments:
Post a Comment